April’s last day is tomorrow, and May is open for so many possibilities.
Thirty-one days for things to change. People say a lot can happen in a year, but a lot happens in just one month! For instance, in April, I did a photoshoot for a clothing brand (go, Modern Hippie!), I bought two hibiscus plants and repotted them (and am scheming to buy a shelf specifically for plants in my apartment, along with another pot to replant my succulent). I started a new skin care routine that has my face ✨GLOWING✨ (plus I’ve been drinking more water too), and I’ve been doing a 6-week home workout challenge to keep myself in shape since the gyms are closed (and I won’t be stepping foot in one until this whole pandemic is fully resolved!).
See how much changed for me? And now I’ve got another guaranteed month off of work, and I’m curious to see what God will do in this time for me. I’ve already got things planned, but how many times have things that we’ve planned not go the way we thought they would? And how often are we okay with that?
I’m going to do something I haven’t done since January, when I originally posted this, and give y’all an end-of-the-month check-up. Just a list of things for y’all to think about as April is closing, and May begins!
- What did you achieve this month?
- Did you start something new?
- Did you finish any resolutions you made at the beginning of the year?
- What did you learn this month?
- How can you take any failures/mistakes you made this month, and turn them into lessons learned?
- How can you apply these lessons to this next month coming up?
- What new goals do you have for next month?
- Which goals from last month will be transferred to this month? How long do you think it will take to achieve them?
- Write down specific things you need to work on. Remember that your goal isn’t to get these things perfect by next month, it’s to progress in them next month!
Spiritual Life 🙏🏽
- What was one major thing God revealed to you this month?
- What was a prayer God answered this month? (Not answered with a “yes” specifically, just answered: yes, no, wait, etc.)
- In what ways do you feel like you’ve grown spiritually?
- What areas in your spiritual life do you need to work on?
- Name at least 3-5 people you got to meet/got to know this month.
- Name at least 3-5 people you would want to meet up with/get to know better next month.
- If you weren’t really social this month, write down ways you can make more time to spend time with those you love
- Did you get to make time for yourself this month?
- If “YES,” in what ways? Which ones will you hold onto this next month? Will/how can you switch things up next month?
- If “NO,” how can you be sure to make time for yourself/take care of yourself this month? What things will you focus on in your self-care routine?
***Remember! Self-care doesn’t have to be expensive…you don’t need to spend money! There are plenty of ways to take care of yourself that cost nothing 😊
I know I’ll be spending a significant amount of time in my own journal jotting things down so I can anticipate the changes going to occur!
What are the thoughts you have when the end of the month, or even the end of a season occurs? How can you better anticipate the changes that will happen? Do you even take thought to when time changes?
One thought on “april: end-of-the-month check-up.”
Pingback: put to practice. – Mishy Writes